Is your dog a budding stage star? The Bristol Hippodrome are looking for local pooches to play the role of Rufus when the National Tour of Legally Blonde comes to Bristol in October
The smash hit musical based on the best-loved movie follows beautiful and popular sorority sister Elle Woods who loves to be pampered and is passionate about pink. When she is dumped by her boyfriend Warner Huntingdon III for a more serious girlfriend she puts down the credit cards and picks up the books. Packing up her trusty pooch, Bruiser, she bags herself a place at the prestigious Harvard Law School to try to win him back. Along the way Elle meets Paulette and together they fight to get Paulette’s “precious baby Rufus” back from her ex-boyfriend.
Could your pawsome dog raise the ruff of The Bristol Hippodrome? Do they meet the following dogteria?
- A British Bulldog– We are looking for a British Bulldog. We are open to other breeds, but they need to have that look about them. Fairly bullish and robust.
- Temperament– Relaxed, laid back, good with people and enjoys a good fuss.
- Responsive to Commands– By this I mean if your dog responds to ‘come here’, ‘sit’ etc and doesn’t just wander off doing its own thing.
- Tricks–If your lovable brute has any, we would love to see them. If they’re skills are good enough we could end up using them in the show!
- Experience– Although absolutely not essential, if your dog has some form of stage experience it will be a huge bonus
If you feel your dog matches these criteria, we would love to receive your application by 10 July for our doggy auditions being held at Hotel Du Vin on Saturday 22 July (times to be allocated via application process).
For more information or to apply please email David Barrett on email@example.com