University of Bristol has a distinctive development programme for those aspiring to Senior Management and Leadership positions within the School of Economics, Finance and Management. There is an Open Evening on Wednesday 21 March from 6 – 8pm to find out more about the programme.
Designed for busy managers to fit around a demanding management role, this part-time course will help you to:
- Enhance your impact as a leader
- Understand organisational complexity and issues affecting success
- Improve your ability to manage change and uncertainty
- Make better choices about growth and strategic direction
The programme is delivered through eight intensive three-day workshops within a two year period. These workshops run on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays – a total of 16 works days and eight Saturdays across two years.
A good first degree or equivalent qualification, and significant managerial experience is required. Class sizes are kept small to maximise interaction, and to tailor sessions to group interests.
– resolving organisational challenges
– building your network
– effective decision making
– understanding organisational behaviour
– increasing your leadership impact
– the psychology of leadership
Strategy and Organisations
– routes to competitive advantage
– innovation and growth
– organisational challenges in realising strategy
Understanding Change and Uncertainty
– dealing with constant change and transformation
– implementation strategies
– practicalities of change programmes
– developing a systems perspective
– complexity theory and decision-making
– understanding organisations as complex, adaptive systems
Critical Issues in Strategy
– globalisation, alliances and networks
– culture, power and politics
– social responsibility and ethics
Contemporary Leading Challenges
– a global perspective on leadership
– employee relations and governance
– dealing with turbulence and resistance
Why study for the MSc now?
The global recession will continue to impact organisations for several years. In this climate, strategic leadership and an ability to deal with ongoing uncertainty is key to the success of many businesses, public sector and voluntary sector organisations.
The MSc has been specifically designed to deliver immediate benefits to delegates and their organisations. Each three-day unit takes a pragmatic, research-led approach, concentrating on organisational complexities and challenges. Delegates will return to work with a fresh perspective – better able to select the right management tool for the job.
To find out more about the programme, go along to the Open Evening on Wednesday 21 March from 6 – 8pm.
To register, please email: email@example.com
Visit: bristol.ac.uk or Tel: 0117 954 6694